Welcome

Hello! We're glad you decided to visit our blog. We invite you to share in our journey as we go through life as a family. We thank God everyday for the riches He so abundantly blesses us with. We just pray we can glorify His name in all we do.

How old is he now?

Lilypie

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The World of Blogging

Well I've decided to give blogging a try since our family will soon be expanded to three. It's not going to be easy and I'm not sure how exciting it will be for ya'll, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe it will help us stay better connected with friends and family who live out of town. Plus I know we all have busy schedules so it might help us all stay "current" in each other's lives, even if you do live in Dallas. I don't know if this is the best was to blog, but why not.....it can work, right? I figure that way we can share our photos and blog all in the same spot. I guess we'll see how it goes.

So we are now 4 weeks away from my due date of July 17th. Byron and I are extremely excited to meet our precious son, Jackson Parker!! Of course there is some apprehension about the whole labor thing, but we know it's in God's hands. We feel about as ready as we can get at this point. We've bought all the necessities, the nursery is ready, my bag is just about packed for the hospital and I've been reading all kinds of books & info. Sometimes I wonder what mothers did centuries ago when there was nothing to read to get educated about childbirth, raising babies, etc. Who would have ever thought breastfeeding could be such a complicated phenomena? Isn't it suppose to be a natural thing? Pretty amazing! I'll have to let you know how it goes. Anyway, Byron is even reading a book for dads....which I think is just so cute! He's going to be an awesome father!

For the most part I've felt pretty good throughout this pregnancy. I've been blessed to have a pretty "easy" pregnancy so far. Nothing out of the ordinary to report and the aches and pains have been minimal. No morning sickness, just nausea, and some siatic pain the first trimester, but since then it's just been tiredness and pain in my pelvic area muscles. I really can't complain too much. I am starting to get quite uncomfortable because my belly seems SO big! Sleeping hasn't been the best, especially since I get up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom, but the good thing is I have no problem falling right back to sleep. I've always been a good sleeper, which might pose to be a problem when Jackson gets here. People keep informing me of all the sleep we won't get when we get home from the hospital. I guess at this point I can only imagine....and it takes me back to some crazy college days. I must say I have had some crazy dreams though!! But, I hear that's all a part of it.


29 Weeks

33 weeks

Jackson is a pretty active guy, but he is also a good sleeper. He doesn't move around too much at night so he doesn't keep me up. I am thankful for that. He does, however, like to move and kick me early in the morning as to say, get up already mommy. He also lets me know he's around throughout the day. Maybe that means he'll be a good sleeper at night. Yea, probably just good wishing. He also seems to love music. Nothing gets him moving more than the sound of music. We went to the George Strait concert a few weeks ago and that really got him doing somersaults. He also gets active at church when we start singing. That is one way I know he'll take after his dad. Both are music lovers! We can't wait to see what Jackson will look like. I suspect he'll have a head of hair since I've had some bouts with acid reflux. That's not fun!! I now have a greater appreciation for those who suffer with that on a regular basis.

We're also anxious to see how Maddie, our dog, is going to react to the new arrival. She's been pretty protective of me and I think a little curious about what's going on. She's not one that's been great around kids, so I hope Jackson changes that about her. I just don't think she's used to being around "little people", those who are more on her level. She is a little dog so she has quite the small dog complex. I guess that comes from being stepped on so much. I hope she's nothing but lovable towards Jackson, but we'll have to wait and see.

Well, I guess this has been quite a first entry. I need to leave some things to talk about later on. I just hope I'm motivated enough to keep adding new posts. I hope you've enjoyed it and if you feel like it, let me know what you think. I'd love to hear your comments and see who's been visiting. I'll be talking to you.

No comments: