Welcome

Hello! We're glad you decided to visit our blog. We invite you to share in our journey as we go through life as a family. We thank God everyday for the riches He so abundantly blesses us with. We just pray we can glorify His name in all we do.

How old is he now?

Lilypie

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Anxiously Anticipating Jackson's Arrival!

We had our 37 week Dr.'s appointment on Thursday and found out some exciting news. The Dr. told us that the baby has started to drop. I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. She could actually feel his head on the cervix. So.....Jackson could be arriving early! It was a surprising report considering the week before my cervix was closed and thick. A lot has changed in just a week's time! I know that it could still be weeks before he decides to make his entrance into the world, but he could also be here in just a few days. I am hoping for sooner than later. I can't wait to hold our precious new baby boy in my arms! He's been growing and moving around inside me for so long, I am definitely ready to meet this little guy. What will he look like? Which features of mine and Byron's will he have? What will his personality be like? Will he have hair? If acid reflux is any indication, he should have a thick head of hair. So far the Dr. thinks he'll be a pretty average size baby....depending on when he comes, between 6.5lbs. and 7.5 lbs. That sounds wonderful to me!! Let's hope she's right.

The only thing is...... we need Jackson to wait until at at least Monday before he makes an appearance. My mom and sisters are in St. Louis for a family reunion this weekend. I'm missing out on all the fun, but I'm glad I'm not away from home right now. They'll be back Sunday afternoon, which isn't far now. I'd just hate for them to miss the birth. Plus, Byron might need a little support. As long as he doesn't pass out, he'll be great!

So it's not even July yet........I knew it would be hot towards the end of my pregnancy, but wow.....multiple days in the three digits is crazy! It's still in the 90's at 10 o'clock at night and we wake up to it being 80 degrees already. The pool sounds heavenly! As you can imagine, I don't want to have anything to do with the outdoors. It's too hot to do much of anything. I lose my ankles everyday now and I have cankles for the first time in my life, but I'm making it. They say there's a cold front that's suppose to come through in a few days. I'm looking forward to that! It might actually drop into the mid 90's. But wait, does that sound like a cold front to you?? I guess I'll take what we can get.......and enjoy it!

Well, we'll keep ya'll updated. Hopefully we'll have some more exciting news to share soon. In the meantime, we'd appreciate your prayers for a safe, uneventful delivery and a healthy baby boy. Thanks!

No comments: